<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Godly Discipline or God's sense of humor?

After work today I was exhausted. Actually I was exhausted from the time I woke up this morning. I told Audrey this morning that I hated our bed because I cant get comfortable and I don't sleep well. You see, Audrey and I sleep on a full size bed. I dream of the day that we buy a King size bed. I am always tempted to call those phone numbers you see on t.v. selling those beds for old people. They look so comfortable, plus when you buy one you get a free 20 inch screen t.v.

Anyhow, I was not planning on going to church tonight. I though that I would enjoy my at night home and relax. We have a doctors appointment at 10:30 in the morning, so I was planning to just sleep in, go to the appointment and then go to work. Key word was.

After a while, I began to feel guilty not going to church. I felt bad because I told my Friends Tim, Russ, Scott,and Tony, who all I saw yesterday, "See you tomorrow tonight." I felt obligated to go, because I told people that I would be there. So I went.

I arrived, said hi to a few people and kinda hung out. I was not needed to run the power point, so after participating in worship, I snuck out and went back home and got myself some dinner and a nice cold one.

I left with out saying good by because I did not want to explain why I wanted to go back home. I also did not want any guilt trips.

So, now I am at home. I heated up my frozen fish sticks and got me a cold one. Shoes are off and I was surfing the net, looking at despair. Com. Funny web site.

Then I get a call from my friend Scott. He was upset that I just took off with out saying by. Now I feel bad. My peaceful night is starting to fade away with stress now, because I may have offended people.

About 20 minutes later I get a call from my wife, who was still at church. She asked what I was doing. I told her I was just kicking back, and I then asked if she was mad because I left church early. She said no, but she needed my help. I said "sure what's up?"
She told me that she had a flat tire and that she needed me to come back to the church to change the tire.

Great, so much for my relaxing night at home. I wonder if Tim saw me leaving and shot a quick prayer up to God. "Lord, I know you see Mike leaving. Strike him."

So it is now 9:30, I just got home about 15 minutes ago, I now have to take my wife's car in to a tire shop to have the tire repaired instead of sleeping in. Plus the money I was going to use to buy the Indiana Jones DVD Box set will now be used for tire repair.

So Tim, I promise that I will never ever walkout on one of your sermons again, just don't send God after me again.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?