<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

I had a dream earlier this month.
I was in my front yard with friends from church. I found a large egg in my bushes and I warned people to stay away.
No one listened to me and they were probing the egg and touching it.
I was freaking out. Then it hatched and I jumped back with fear. Out came a large taranchela. I was terrified, but my friends were playing with the large spider. I knew that taranchelas around this area were harmless, but I still was scared. I was terrified, not knowing what to do.
That was my dream.

The next day I shared the dream with a friend and told her that I wanted to buy a dream interpretation book. My friend told me she knew what the dream was about. It was about my impending fatherhood.

I thought about it, and it was true.
I am scared about being a father. I freak out about the things that come with father- hood. The trips to the hospital for high fevers, broken arms, skinned knees and toe nails ripped off from bike crashes.

I am not sure that I can handle the drama.

This summer while playing softball, our friend Tammi's little girl got a piece of a sun flower seed shell in her eye. Don't ask me how she did this. I almost could not watch as Tammi and my my wife's sister performed surgery to get it out right there in from of me. Both being mothers they were able to handle this little crisis with out any signs of fear. I was amazed that they could get this seed shell out of the little girl's eye without calling 911.

I hope that with my parenthood, I will learn or be given the ability to doctor my child without freaking out and becoming a panicked father. I have no Idea what is to come, but I pray that God gives me the abilities to handle these little emergencies.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?