<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Identification Numbers

The Pixies have a song called This Monkey is Going to heaven.
Part of the song goes
" if man is 5 and the devil is 6, that makes God 7"

Jason and I had a name for our little guitar playing/wanna-be band. It was called planet 5, inspired by the Pixies.

Back then, we all had pagers because cell phones were still to expensive. We had little codes for ourselves. I was #65. I picked 65 because I use to have a 65 mustang, and that was the code I used when I had the car. So I felt no need to change my number even though I drove a 85 t-bird, then later on a 91 camery. Willie's number was 007, if I remember right. I have no idea why, maybe he will write about it on his blog page. My girlfriend at the time used the #27. The number 2 was her favorite number and 7 is mine. Juvenile puppy love uh? But we were all young, between the ages of 19 and 24. I was the youngest at 19. Our friend Joey used the #318 because he drove a black 318 BMW. Good times rolling around town in that car. And at last Jason used the number 555, I guess because of the Pixie song.

I know why we used those number when we paged each other and I know how we got those numbers, but my question is who gave Man, the Devil and God those numbers. Why is the devil 666, and God 777. Are those numbers even in the Bible? I looked, I couldn't find them.

I still have a pager, it is mostly used for work. I hope I never get a page with the call numbers 666, and what do I do if I get one that is 777?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?