<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

We had a great bible study tonight at my house.

We discussed faith. Before people came over I read a chapter about Faith from C.S. Lewis' book Mere Christianity. I like what he said in that chapter. A man does not know how bad he is until he tries to be good." How very true that is.

During the study we discussed the difference between a good man v.s. a righteous man. It's funny that most of the righteous men in the bible were all killed. My thought on that is, a good man is only seen as good by men, but a righteous man is seen as good by God. And a righteous man is only seen as righteous by God through Faith, which the bible confirms.

Anyhow, had good fellowship too. Tammy, Monty, Travis and Crista stayed late just hanging out and talking. I enjoyed listening to Monty and Travis talk about how Crista's father does not fully approve of their relationship and how Tammy's father did not really care for Monty when they were dating too. It was cool to hear their stories.

I love the study part and the prayer that takes place in our group, but I love more the stories people share, which are really testimonies.

Travis and Crista are starting a street ministry in Fresno on Friday nights and Tuesdays nights at the skate part in Visalia, completely on their own. Totally separate from the church. I don't even think the their church knows about it. How cool is that?!?

I spoke about validation a couple of days ago. I think if I did do something like that I would want my church to know, just out of selfish reasons, which would be "Hey look what I am doing for Christ. Now can I get some kudos?"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?