<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I guess I am getting old.

I came to this conclusion through the relabeling of the music I listen to.

For example, my friend Mark, who is in his 40's listens to classic rock. I don't think it was called Classic Rock back when Mark was a teenager, or in his early 20's. But somewhere down the line someone gave it the name of Classic Rock. I guess it is classic just like the 65 mustang, 66 chevelle, or 68 camero. No matter what you call it, those cars are old just like the music.

My father, who is in his 60's listens to golden oldies. Real old music, but that's what he listened to in his youth. Again, I don't think that music was called oldies 40 years ago. It was called rock and roll but again someone renamed it from rock and roll to oldies but goodies.

Now that someone has renamed my music of choice. Music of my youth. Music that accompanies all my great memories.

I have always listen to what is called Alternative Music. I learned today that there is two categories of Alternative Music now.
There is Alternative Music and Adult Alternative music

The music I listen to has now been relabeled and is also played as flash back music during lunch. What gives?

Does this really make me an adult now that I listen to Adult Alternative Music?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?