<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 03, 2003

"Kosmos"

I am hung up on Jason's entry about Kosmos. I actually went to bed thinking about it, I dreamt of it, and I woke up thinking about it. I was wondering how the God I know fits into a Kosmos. I believe what Jason has learned from Walt Whitman is probably the best definition of the community of God and Beings I have ever read or heard.

Jason wrote that the Greek definition of Kosmos is order, Harmony, Beauty, and Universe. That sounds like the Garden of Eden and Heaven to me. And if you take Walt Whitman's paradox of Kosmos as a person, well the Trinity fits pretty well.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is a community in its self of Harmony, Order, Beauty and Universe. We as human beings once had this Kosmos with ourselves and God prior to the fall of man.

I believe that we are made in the image of God, and that we need to strive for godliness. Maybe that starts with finding Order, Harmony, Beauty within ourselves. Then we would maybe be better equipped to live out the Kosmos in terms of connecting with all living beings.

And as Jason put it best, you bring that about by love. For love is the adhesive for Kosmos.

All this seems to be summed up by the Great Commandment Jesus spoke of. "Love your God with all your heart and Love your neighbor as your self.

Love God, Neighbor and Self which will then bring about Kosmos.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?