<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Our Super Friends community

It is funny to me how quick this blogging community has grown. I was hoping it would grown into a community of independent thinkers, but now that it is happening I don't know what to think of it. I just find it funny, in a cool way, if that makes sense. Its awesome.

What started with Tim spread to Russ then I was invited in. After that, Jason and Willie were introduced. From Visalia to San Francisco this community has grown. If Willie, or Jason ran into to Tim or Russ they would not recognize each other by face, yet they know a little bit about each other. They know more about each other through these blogs then most people really ever get to know about anybody.

Now with the invite of Willie's friend Dave, who I met a month ago in San Francisco and Jason's friends in Fresno, the community has grown again. From Visalia to San Francisco, to Fresno. This is just the community I am apart of. I also know, for Tim and Russ, this community, or at least their blog pages go back to the Midwest. People in Cincinnati are writing their own blog pages and checking in with Tim's and Russ'. So really this spreads further then just the state of California and there are several communities involved here.

But what I find funny is that with the openness of community, the sharing of scarced information that maybe we don't want the people we see everyday to know, it is done now with strangers involved. I am interested in seeing, who affects who in this community. I also want to know where this safe feeling I have when I share on this blog comes from and why I am not this way with everyone in person. Maybe it is because those who I know personally, I know already that you accept me. And for those I don't know, well, I guess I am safe from your rejection here from behind my computer screen.

Anyhow, for those I know, thanks for accepting me, and for those I have not met, or only met once, welcome aboard. Welcome to Super Friends. By the way I already have dibs on being Green Lantern.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?