<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Super Friends

I like what Jason wrote in regards to our role in the Kosmos. About making a difference.

"i really think that people like us are the good guys. we're not all good, and we fully realize that. since we never will be, shouldnt we be doing as much as we can to change the world. arent we the Super Friends?--superman, wonderwoman, auquaman, green lantern, wonder twins. yeah, i think we are, but maybe we are still at home stitching our capes and uniforms. i sure know that i dont feel much like changing the world. it's too easy to kick it and critique it. " - Jason Walker

After reading that thought I had a flash back. For some reason a conversation I had back in 1998 with my friend Lisa Martin over lunch came to mind. We were at B.Ts and I told her that I want to do something great in life. I wanted to make a difference in such a way that after I died, they would name a park after me. Not because I donated a large amount of money so people feel obligated to, but rather because I made such an impact on others, they wanted to share my legacy with future generations. Is that vain? Are super hero's vain?

Well it's 5 years later and I lost my cape and costume. I missed placed it somewhere. I have not made any sort of difference in the way that I wanted to or once had the desire to. Now, I just want to get through life. I barley can help myself at times, let alone help others.

I find myself is a kunundrum as well. Part of me wants to be a super hero, the other part of me wants to hide out kicking and critiquing the world, where it is safe.

But if I can be a super friend, I want to be the Green Lantern.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?