<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

Christmas starts today!

Christmas this year was a bummer.
I have been feeling down the last couple of days. I was sad that Audrey and I really did not have the money this year to buy each other gifts. Well more that I did not get to buy Audrey a lot gifts. Gift Giving for me is one of my main ways of showing affection and love. One of my known love languages, if you will.

Then the exhausting house to house stops over the past couple of days drained me. We were at Audrey’s grandparents Christmas eve, my parents Christmas morning, her parents Christmas evening, and my friend Rubens later on Christmas night. Not a whole lot of time for just us, in our home. With the combination of both feeling down and drained, it made for tension between Audrey and I.

I guess the saddest part was coming home from Ruben’s to find that Audrey had put away all of the Christmas decorations in the House. I asked why she put everything away. She said she was ready for Christmas to be over. I thought about it and it broke my heart. I did not want Christmas end like that. It would go down as the worst Christmas ever! I told Audrey that I could not end Christmas like that. Putting everything away symbolized the end of our Christmas and sealed it’s memories. I did not want bunk memories of this years Christmas.

So today, December 26, we redecorated our front room. We re-hung our stockings. We start our Christmas over, because I want this to be the Christmas that I remember Audrey taking her Christmas gift card she got from work and using it to buy me Lord of the Rings. The Christmas that she crossed her name out on a couple of coffee gift cards someone gave her and put my name in its place. I want it to be the Christmas were the real present is within my wife’s belly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?