<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Driving to work after another raining night, I notice a very large puddle. It was fairly large, large enough to catch my attention. This puddle was still, reflecting the gray sky above and a walnut tree, of which, it was in front of.
The image of the tree has stuck with me for a couple of days now. The tree looked dead. Lifeless like firewood waiting to be cut and stacked. Yet, when spring arrives, it comes back to life. The tree awakes from its hibernation.

I look in the mirror sometimes a see a lifeless creature. A soul in hibernation. No matter how much water my soul receives, it still looks all dried up. No fresh fruit to give and share. No leaves to provide shade to others. Just a bunch of firewood waiting to be cut and burned.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?