<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 11, 2004

I saw the movie Big Fish with Audrey and our friends Jeff and Nicole. Jason was right, it is a tear jerker. I often find my own father a mystery, longing to know the real him. Over the last 2 years, I have began to learn more about my father. I have learned that his 28 year marriage to my mother is actually his 3rd marriage. He told me he was a pitcher in the minor league. He has told me that he was in the Special Forces during Vietnam, and that he was also a Drill Instructor for a while. Do I have any proof of any of the events? No, not really. I only have his word, and my childish desire to see my father as a hero.

I have also been wondering about my story. What is it to be exactly? I don’t really have all that much to share. What events will come down my path, and how will my story end? I think I know how I want it to end. I want it to end with all my friends there. I want to also know at the end, that I was a good person. I guess what I am trying to say is that at the end of my story, I just want validation of my existence. That I did good. That I made a difference. And that people are glad that I came along.

Anyhow, great movie.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?