<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Tonight, the moon lit up the cool crisp night. To inhale the night air is cleansing and soothing to the soul.

Tonight’s sky is a dark blue rather than it’s typical black color of the space beyond. The sky reminds me of the classic cartoons, where the artist would use navy blue to color the night sky.

Nights like this beckon for me to leave this home of mine and to embark on a cartoon adventure. To live out stories that no one will believe. To live out stories that make people laugh. To live out stories that people relate.

Tonight’s adventure lead me to the local tavern, were I knew my father had been drinking for an hour too long. Greeted by smiles, as someone announces “this here is big Al’s son!” After about 5 or 6 introductions to people who I have all met before, but they were too drunk to remember, I sat with my dad. As I sipped on a glass of water and a warm corona, I listen to my father vent his disappointment of my sister's pregnancy. I listen as he made people around him laugh. I spoke when he asked me if he was right to quit his job.

“Yes father, your self worth and pride is worth far more than any pay check.”
“Now let me drive you home. “






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?