<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Last night I found a place of serenity. I took Gracie for a walk; it was one of those hot summer evenings, where the sky had been torched red from the blistering heat of the day. The sun had pretty much set in the west when we came to an old oak tree. The oak tree is right next to a ditch that runs along a runner’s path. It stood mighty and tall, giving shade to the dried up ditch bank. We just stood there under the tree looking to the west, as the sun disappeared before our eyes. Before long, Gracie had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

There is something about big trees that give a sense of comfort and peace. Maybe it is because they grow upwardly with their branches reaching towards heaven as an act of worship to their Creator. Or, is it the strength of the tree and its ability to weather so many storms. Or, could it be because they are a product of Gods creativity. I guess it is all of those things and probably more.

When Gracie is older, I think I will hang a swing from that tree for her.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?