<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Monday, August 16
After arriving to our campsite for the evening, we made contact with a Park
Ranger. She told us to make sure we put our food away at night because there was
an aggressive bear in the area and that they suspected that it was the same bear
that mauled a man a few weeks ago.

- Wait, time out! What! (Side note) For those who don't know, I have a
passion for the out doors, however, I am plagued with bad bear experiences. Every year
I have some sort of run-in with a bear, either waking up to them at night
less then five feet from me, or them getting in to my back pack, trying to steal
anything they can get their grubby paws on. Now you are telling me that there is a
killer bear on the loose!


With that said, my night was spent in anxiety. I was enjoying a book by the
camp fire, then I realized that everyone had gone into their tents and I was
the only one still out. I suddenly had a fear that the bear was creeping up behind
me. I made a quick dash into my tent. As I laid awake in my tent, my heart
pounded with fear of the killer bear. Every sound outside my tent made my heart
jump.
- What was that?- popping of the fire
- What was that?- wind
- What was that?- someone moving in their tent.
- What was that?- snoring of one of our Japanese friends.
Why does everything sound like the killer bear?!!!

After finally falling asleep for what seemed for only ten minutes, Ken jumped
strait up turning on his flash light and began looking outside our tent. Just about having a heart attack at the age of 27, I asked what’s wrong?
"Bear"
We both listen in silence.
No, it's the snoring of one of the Japanese guys.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?