<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Sunday, August 15

(11:30am) As we were driving to our drop off point, I was watching the clouds
from the passenger side window. Big, white fluffy clouds. I must
have lost my imagination. I was unable to make out any shapes or objects in
the clouds floating above. That is sad to me.

(12:45pm) Mt. Whitney was totally engulfed by the now darker, not so fluffy
thunderstorm clouds. Light rain began to fall, I didn’t mind because it gave off
a great smell of freshness. Pine trees, rain, wet cement, ah so good.

(2:30pm) On the trail and a thunderstorm has over taken us. Thunder so loud,
it shook my insides. Still a light rainfall, which makes the trail nice and
damp, rather then dry and dusty. As I am walking through this forest, I am
noticing all of the trees that have been struck by lighting. This concerns me
because, there is now lighting with the thunder, and I am carrying a metal frame
backpack and a metal hiking pole.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?