<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Thursday, August 19

Another thunderstorm has come over us. We took shelter in our tents. Funny,
as I was reading my book in the tent, the author was talking about rain.
Fitting with the tapping of rain drops on our tent. To quote John Muir; "if you don't like the weather in the Sierra Nevadas, just wait an hour." Sure enough, the
rain passed and we came out from under our tents and watched one of the greatest/ amazing sun sets I have ever seen.

Later on, while trying to sleep my heart began to ache. I missed my wife and
baby. My sleeping bag was now damp from the earlier storm and I longed for my
own bed, with Audrey laying to my left. The same side my heart is. I so badly
wanted to hold Gracie against my chest, as she rested her head on my shoulder.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?