<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

We have talked about memory in the past and where maybe memory is stored within the human being, perhaps the brain or maybe within the soul. I have been thinking about memory lately. Not in the sense of where it is stored, but its power. Could it be possible that memory brings people to life?

For example, when I was hiking in the back country and I thought of Willie, who lives in San Francisco and is alive and well there, could it be that I brought him to life with me there in the Sierra Nevadas, thus making him alive in two different parts of the state. Does this make any sense?

It is a romantic thought if you think about it. The idea of being brought to life in other places/ spaces when you are thought of, which could be a lot if you have a lot of positive contact with people.

Now this brings me to another thought. What if your contacts in life our negative? I am getting ready to lead a course on damaged emotions. Is it every time that you think or remember a tragic event, or emotionally scaring event, that you in fact bring that event to life and re-live it?

So now, we have a conundrum. You want to put to rest the people and events that have hurt you, but bring those others who have brought you happiness to life. Is this even possible? If so, where do we begin? I guess we begin by making sure we are not hurtful people towards others.

What exactly did Christ mean when he said at the last super, “ Take this in remembrance of me.”? Is this the same idea? That we bring Christ to life by thinking of Him, praying to Him and attempting to act like Him? I am not completely sure about that one, because you have to figure the Holy Spirit into that equation.

Your thoughts........

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?