<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

When all else is lost, while everything you have tried has failed, and it's the
darkest hour of night, there is still hope.

I hope…

What is hope? I hope all day long. I hope not to get caught speeding on the way to work. I hope that the Dodgers will win the World Series this year. I hope to one day visit France. I hope that Gracie grows up to be a strong, beautiful and gentle spirited person. I hope to get lucky tonight. I hope to get out of debt. I hope to get a big tax return this year.

I hope, hope, hope…..

What about hope within faith? Are they the same? Hope seems less certain than faith.
Could hope be a stepping stone towards faith?

I hope to win the lottery sounds pretty weak compared to saying I have faith I will win the lottery. I think I would rather be friends with the guy who knows he is going to win rather than the guy who just hopes to win.

What about the hope that arises in moments of despair? That seems to be a stronger hope than the hopes I listed above. There is almost something supernatural about that kind of hope. I don't think I have experienced a hope like that. Is it because our backs are against the wall in moments of despair and we have no other choice but to act on hope?

Is hope as simple as having a passion for what is possible?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?