<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 11, 2005

Here is the most recent letter from my friend David, who is serving in Iraq and some pics he has sent me.

So, it's been a bit since my last update. Things have definitely taken a new tone here. Our op-tempo has stepped up. We've almost doubled our # of weekly patrols. The good side of that is that we're apprehending more bad people and gaining more intelligence with every successful raid. The down side is casualties. I'm doing fine though and am staying strong and that is in no small part due to all the amazing support I have from my family and friends.
As for what I've actually been up to, it's just been a lot of driving for me. I've been driving point on most of raids and about half of our patrols. Durring the day, I get my rush by dodging and weaving through traffic. The only real difference between La and here is when traffic stops I go into oncoming traffic and I have a machine gun mounted on my roof. At night we usually roll out in black out. So half the time I'm using night vision goggles and the other half I'm pulling them up as we fly through a lit area. As for recreation, I'm still running like a mad man. I'll pass 200 miles since I've set foot in Iraq later this week. I catch a game of volleyball now and again. Got to sharpen my skills for when I make it back to Venice. Speaking of, I've been slated to take my 2 week r&r in sept. I promise good times will be had.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?