<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 18, 2005

Lighting candles for my friends.

I have been longing for some sort of spiritual ritual within my life. I have been looking for ways to physically express my spirituality in prayer and mediation.

My friend Russ and I have talked about lighting a candle during a prayer and mediation. It nice to think that as the smoke rises in the air, so does the prayer.

I was lighting candles the other night and I lit a candle that was next to a picture of my friend Willie. At that moment I prayed for him. I went to the next candle and after lighting it prayed for Jason, then to the next candle, my wife, then Russ and ect…

I am now in the process of placing pictures of close friends next to these candles, so that every time I light them, I will see their faces and will be reminded to pray for them. And at the end of the night, as I blow out the candle I will pray for them again.

I was telling Audrey that I want to buy a large three-wick candle for our kitchen table to represent our family and every time we sit at the table, we light the candle and pray for our family.

I have found great comfort in doing this. I kinda feel like a prayer warrior. So, what I guess I am telling you guys, if my house ends up burning down, just know it was in good cause and I will offer more prayers up along with the smoke.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?