<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Becoming a better follower.

Like Brian McLaren, I too am finding new simplicity on the far side of complexity.

Within this Simplistic-Complexity of living, I want speak volumes of love and faith with actions, not just words. With the words I do speak, I want them to be few and well thought-out; not a spew of pulpit rhetoric. So far, I have failed pretty miserably at this task.

I have spent the last year or so of my spiritual journey, trying to relearn what it means to be a Christian, or as I prefer to be called, Christ follower. I found that a lot of my understanding and beliefs were based on Pulpit Theology and Pulpit Rhetoric. The things that I was taught to be truth, were really only perspective and relative.

I once held myself as a proud teacher, believing I had a firm grasp on what it meant to be a Christian. Today, I now see myself as a tyro in the faith.
I want to pursue and learn the simple truths of love, gentleness, and meekness. I want my words to be few. I want my heart to be big. I want to be better than I have been.

I just want to start over. Fortunately, grace allows me to.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?