<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Well, Church has been something else as of late. It is far from what I thought I signed up for. I think for most of us, we want the easy Christianity. We want nothing messy, hurtful, or hard. Who wants to break a sweat while carrying their cross anyhow? I think that is why Church is hard right now, its a little messy and scary.

Over the last few weeks, Audrey and I, along with friends have talked about what church should be, as well as what our callings and responsibilities may be. A couple of options/ideas have come up, which has really got me praying and thinking.

I have been thinking that it would be pretty easy at this point to cut ties with the church that we love, in order to protect ourselves from any more hurt. It would be easy for us to start a home group/church and pick and choose who we worship and fellowship with. It would also be easy to stay at New Hope and distance ourselves, hang out on the fringe, again to protect ourselves from hurt. It would be a little more difficult to stay the course and facilitate a couple’s bible study in the fall. It would not be so easy to step-up and invest my life into the lives of our youth and lead a youth program.

It’s been almost seven years since I last did any sort of youth ministry. This thought scares me. I am afraid of the commitment, the responsibility, and the possibility of being hurt. Though, the funny thing is that these fears seem to confirm that I need to do this. I don’t think Christ calls us to do the easy things in life.

So at this point, I take a step forward with faith and trust, while hoping and praying that I don’t fall on my face or get hurt.

And away we go.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?