<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 22, 2005



When I began reading Fakiegrind on a regular basis, I wasn’t sure if Flatlander was being sarcastic or truthful about collecting action figures. I thought it was a little odd and juvenile. Little did I know a few weeks later while cleaning out our garage, Audrey would find a Luke Skywalker action figure still it’s box. It was given to her while she was in high school as a gift from a friend. I placed Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, on a bookcase in my office. I would often examine it, looking over all of it’s details and reading the print on the box. Whenever I held it in my hand, it would begin to temp me. It would whisper in my ear, "buy me some friends."

Well one day, while at Longs Drug Store, there was a lone Stars Wars Action Figure on clearance. I couldn’t resist the deal and temptation to bring Luke home a friend. Weeks went by with just two action figures sitting on my bookcase and then on a crazy, whirlwind of a weekend, I went manic and binged on Star Wars action figures. By Sunday I had added six more figures to my collect. By October 21st, I grew my collection to an impressive 12 figures!

This morning I asked myself, at what point did I become a Star Wars Geek? Was it when I ordered Darth Maul on Ebay? Was it when I began cruising the toy isle of stores, scoping out action figures? Was it when my collection grew to 10, 11 or 12? Was it last night, when I could not longer resist the temptation to break them out of the boxes? Or was it this morning when I began to take pictures of them? Maybe it is tonight, as I am planing to take General Grievous to bed with me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?