<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Now them be fighting words.

In an Associated Press interview Monday, former Powell chief of staff Lawrence Wilkerson also said that wrongheaded ideas for the handling of foreign detainees after Sept. 11 arose from a coterie of White House and Pentagon aides who argued that "the president of the United States is all-powerful," and that the Geneva Conventions were irrelevant.
Wilkerson blamed
Vice President Dick Chaney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and like-minded aides. Wilkerson said that Cheney must have sincerely believed that Iraq could be a spawning ground for new terror assaults, because "otherwise I have to declare him a moron, an idiot or a nefarious bastard."

I learned something very important by reading this article. I think everyone should take time to read it. I personally learned something that has affected me greatly and has expanded my knowledge. The piece of knowledge that I have gained is probably the greatest thing I will learn all day; heck, may be all week? Today, I learned what “nefarious” means. Thanks Mr. Wilkerson for expanding my vocabulary.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?