<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 20, 2005


This year we made an Advent Wreath at home. I really love the concept of Advent. I think my love for it comes from the song Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel. The song speaks of finding joy during time of heartache and despair, through the anticipation of the coming of Christ. Though Christ has come, I believe the song still appies to us today, not only because there is a second coming of Christ, but more so, because we continually find ourselves in hurt, despair, heartache and loneliness, longing for God to come and bring us renewal.

The candles in the wreath are symbolic. The rose colored candles symbolize Hope, Peace and Love. The red candle symbolizes Joy and the white candle symbolizes Christ. There are 5 Sundays during Advent, and one candle is lit every Sunday all the way up to Christmas.

This year my Christmas blessings, prayers and wishes are centered around this wreath. I pray for Peace, Hope, Love, and Joy for all of my friends and especially for one of my best friends, a brother, Jason, who is fighting and waiting for the day of his physical renewal.

Merry Christmas.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?