<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Last night I went on a long walk with a cigar in hand. While on my walk I stopped in the middle of an undeveloped dirt field. I looked up into the dark sky and my attention fixated on an airplan. The complexity of airplanes has always puzzled me. All that weight and all of those people, hundreds of feet in the air, flying at 3, 4,5 hundred miles per hour; how does it do that?While watching the plane my attention moved the stars high above the plane, something even more complex, then I noticed faint clouds, loominated by the moon. At this moment, I realized how complex life is. The universe, planes, the dormant trees and bushes that surrounded me, my emotions, relationships, marriage, church, and life. Everything I am directly or indirectly involved in is complex. The turmoil of the Palestine elections, my friend's battle with cancer, and my job, all so complex.

I read somewhere that some mathematician just discover the largest prime number known to man, another complex feat for mankind. I began to reflect on God. He Himself is extremely complex. His power and glory is far beyond anything I can imagine. Then, there is Jesus, the Son of God, who appears to simplify life for us. As I was standing there in the middle of a dirt field, in awe of the complexity of life, I began to think of the simple things Jesus had said about life. " Love your God with all of your heart and love your neighbor as yourself." The one without sin, cast the first stone." "Live life to the fullest." Take my yoke, for it is light."

I am glad Jesus came and simplified things for us.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?