<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 14, 2006



My robe and my computer

Last Friday I received my Apple iBook via Fed-EX. Today, I received a gift from my friend who is a part-time missionary. He gave me a hand stitched robe from Guatemala. Tonight, while wearing this robe and playing on my new computer, I felt some mixed emotions; I felt guilty, humble and grateful all at the same time. There is a story attached and bound to this robe. There is a pastor in Guatemala who has moved his wife and seven kids into his church because they lost their home to a hurricane this year. Along with his family, he has taken in several homeless street orphans as well. All of them are living within this church that has a dirt floor, and isn’t much bigger than a home garage. This robe that has been given to me was hand sown by the pastor's wife, which I was told took her several months to do. My friend along with his team of other missionaries didn’t know what they would be doing when they got Guatemala, but once they met this pastor and heard his story, they knew they were sent to build this man and his family a parsonage.

My two newest possessions come from two different worlds and those worlds are not likely to meet anywhere else except here in my front room

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?