<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 11, 2006



History is written everyday, yet we seem to only take notice when history has become a milestone event. On Mother’s day, May 11, 1997, I attended a San Francisco Giants game. Not because I am a Giant’s fan, but more that I am a baseball fan and was given a free ticket. And for the record, I despise the “Trick or Treaters” from the bay.

Anyhow, on that day I didn’t realize I had witnessed history in the making. With my 35 mm camera, I took a photo of Barry Bond in mid-swing, which turned out to be a home run. I then took a picture of him jogging the bases after sending the ball over the right field wall of Candle Stick. That was nine years ago today and home run number 339 for Barry Bonds. At that point he was still 375 home runes away from tying Babe Ruth’s home run record. I am not sure if anyone at that point was thinking that Barry was moving towards surpassing Babe Ruth…I didn’t.

Of course, things just don’t happen. You just don’t hit home run number 714 without first hitting home run number 1, then number 2 and so on. These photos have gotten me thinking that the things we do today don’t necessarily end at the end of the day, but rather are the baby steps towards our future, which also eventually becomes our history.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?