<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today was the first meeting of the Literacy Club that I started at Orosi High School. I was surprised to have so many kids show up for the first meeting. I was honestly expecting 5 to 6 kids, when in fact 13 kids came to the meeting. As a club, we are going to read through the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho together. We are also going to start a blog together and explore language arts through music, books, poetry, and writing. I am really excited about this club. Reading and writing has become a passion for me over the last few years, though by how often I update my blog you would think otherwise. I am also hoping to take a few field trips with kids, perhaps to the San Francisco Public Library. If nothing else, these kids would just love to go to Borders for some coffee and book browsing. Something as simple as going to a stupid over price book store, which we take for granted here in suburbia would mean a lot to these kids who live in the rural area.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?