<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It’s been just about a year since Audrey and I have stopped going to church. You would think that it would be hard to meet other Christians outside of church, but to my surprise I have met lots of people over the year that are believers and more surprisingly, they have no desire to be apart of a corporate church either. Everyone has their reasons, which could be argued as selfish and undisciplined, but are they really? I was having this conversation with a co-worker last week, who is also a Deacon for his church. He said to me “lots of people call themselves Christians but are nowhere to be found on Sundays”. Then he quoted a bible passage something along the lines of "they called Lord, Lord, but He did not know them".

Wow. Was that a dig at all non-church going Christians? When I told Russ about this conversation, he put it best when he said “ as if the only way to know God is within a building”.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?