<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 16, 2007

Tonight, just a few minutes ago, I told Gracie that I was going out of town this weekend.
She asked “where?”
“ I am going to see Uncle Jason.”
“Why?” She asked
“Because he is sick.”
And with her big concerned brown eyes she says “ And you are going to bring him Medicine?”
“No honey…I only wish.”

Then I began to break.

I had spoken to Willie a few hours earlier and he asked me how I was doing. I told him that Jason’s state had not hit me emotionally yet, But I had expected it would when I see him this weekend, though he has been on my mind during waking hours and in slumber.

With my precious little girl looking in to my swelling eyes,
she says to me “Are you and uncle Willie going to play with Jason?”

In which nod.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?