<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 09, 2007



It is twelve a.m., October 10, 2007 and Jacob Allen Wallace is scheduled to be taken out of my wife’s uterus in approximately seven and half hours. Anxiety is high in the house tonight due to the anticipation of his arrival and the dread having to be prepped for surgery and what Audrey is most nervous about; the epidural. I am looking forward to the whole "baby routine" thing again, though I feel I have forgoten how to do it. Gracie grew up so fast and those skills you acquire with a newborn seem to disappear over time as they grow older. Hopefully it is like riding a bike, we may be a little shaky for a day or so.

Funny how we are created though…Women actually… Audrey has not really enjoyed this pregnancy and has stated almost on a daily basis that she couldn’t wait till it was over. Then tonight, out of the blue she told me she was sad because this was the last time she would be pregnant. She said she wouldn’t be sad if I told her that we could have one more child. I told her she was out of her mind and that was the hormones talking. Plus, I wasn’t sure our marriage would survive another pregnancy. Man, I am kind of stressing over having two kids, which is two mouths to feed and two little lives to be responsible and she is talking about having three?!?!

You are probably wondering what am I doing up so late the night before the delivery day, which for us starts at 4:30am as we have to be at the hospital at 5:30am. Well, I found this channel on cable t.v. tonight called MOJO. I had never heard of it before, but I think it may be my new favorite channel. I watched Taxi Driver on it tonight, which was followed by the Pixies Live 2004 reunion show. Did I mention it was in high definition? That’s why I stayed up so late. That and I am anxious, excited and a little terrified of what is to come later today.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?