<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 21, 2007

There was a question posed on the Ooze message board last week that asked “What does Jesus Want?” in which I replied: “Of course biblically speaking, like so many others have already said, love your God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. I will tell you though, for whatever reason, I had this notion for years that Jesus wanted me to change. To change into a better person. I have come to realize that He doesn’t want me to change. Rather He wants me to grow”.

During church this morning, the pastor said something that made me think. He was speaking on a different subject, but he said we needed to know Jesus’ authority, which got me thinking that maybe what Jesus wants most of all is for us to know Him. I posted my new thought on the message board, which brought the next post:

“What does that mean to you? Jesus and I aren’t on speaking terms right now and I really miss him. I've been trying to figure out what it really means to know Him?”

I replied by saying: Wow… I felt smart when I came up with that conclusion, but now I feel dumb not being able to explain what it means…

I am not sure anyone could ever really know Jesus completely. I am not sure we really know our spouses, best friends and ourselves completely.

I don’t know if it is sin that makes it that way, or our feeble minds; probably both. I do know God is elusive and that’s what keeps up pursuing Him. If He weren’t, I would think most of us would stop pursuing.

There is beauty in the mystery and chase of God.

I am sorry that you feel you haven’t been on speaking terms with Jesus. I get like that. I call those times my winter months because my faith feels dormant. But just like a tree with strong roots, it always springs back to life in the spring ready to bear fruits.

Actually, it is a necessary cycle for the tree, maybe for faith too...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?