<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 28, 2008

Its crunch time for me and I am not talking about my math final. I have been preparing for an upcoming interview for Supervising Probation Officer. This morning I got dressed in my best suit, well one I borrowed, groomed myself to perfection, drove to the Court House early, reviewed my study notes and went inside for my 8:15am interview; only to find out that my interview is actually Wednesday. That was kind of embarrassing, fortunately, only two people know I showed up on the wrong day. I was feeling pretty good until I arrived to the training class I was suppose to take today on report writing. Speaking with a few other probation officers, they all said another officer who is also interviewing for the promotion was a sure in. They were not meaning to put me down, they were just explaining why they did not even apply for the position. They just felt there was no chance for anyone else. That discouraged me quite a bit. I dont know why I feel so discouraged right now, I have been in this position before. None of the office gossip picked me to be promoted to Institution Supervisor at the 23, making me the second youngest ever at the time, and no one picked me to be promoted to Probation Officer III last summer. Its nice to win one here and there, but being an underdog gets old after awhile.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?