<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not so knowledgeable about Softball equipment.

Last night I played my first game on our Department sponsored softball team. I played 3rd and Right Field. I went 1 for 3 with 2 RBIs and a run scored. Just so you know, that is a .333 batting average. I was hitting the ball so hard; I broke my bat at my last at bat. I didn’t actually break the bat in two like you see in professional baseball games with wooden bats; I just broke the plastic cap from the top of the barrel. When the ump checked the bat to make sure I was not cheating, he said to me " you know this is a girls bat?" which I replied, "I know, I like it because it is light weighted." I think he knew I was full of crap and I felt like an idiot. I found the bat in my garage and it was my wife’s from when she played softball in high school. I thought a bat was a bat. Who would of known.

Oh and we Lost 11 to 14

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?