<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 25, 2008

It’s been a year today since my one of best friends passed away. It still doesn’t seem right or real. I think of Jason all of the time. Little things trigger my memory of him, whether it be a song, a place, a Dodger game, the weather, a book or just a feeling or mood. I still wear the yellow “Live Strong” bracelet for him and his battle with cancer. Even at this moment as I type this, the Postal Service CD is playing in the background, which was the CD Ruben I listen to on our way back to Jason’s house, while driving over the Golden Gate Bridge after spreading his ashes over the San Francisco Bay.

You know, I look at this yellow bracelet of mine and I think of Jason battle and how he did his best to live strong. That’s what I do now; I try live strong. Truth is, none of us are as strong as we appear; God knows I am not, but I am trying really hard now.

Jason influenced me in so many ways, He open my ears to music, my eyes to books, my heart to the Dodgers and most recently an inner-desire to live strong, which has become so important to my way of thinking as I fight my own battles of dependency. By no means am I saying Jason was a saint. None of us are, but I do know, despite his faults, he has inspired a lot of good within people and because of that, he lived a good life. Short…to short, but good.

You are missed Jason.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?