<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 08, 2008

As I was driving to work this morning I found myself dwelling on a list of things that were literally sucking the joy out of me. This is a pretty regular thing with me. My wife is irritated at me this morning, I don’t have enough money to do some of the things I would like to do this weekend, I have a list of chores I need to get done at home and work and I am feeling pretty tired; poor, poor me. Then it occurred to me; I am alive. I am alive! It's Friday, there are blue skies above and I am alive! I all of the sudden had this urge to slam on the breaks of my car, call in sick for work and turn around and be free and alive for the rest of the day. I didn’t though, something about responsibility kicked in. So here I am at work doing something irresponsible like blogging on the clock. My point is this, I think we (me most of all) get so bogged down with things to do, places to be, and commitments to fill, that we forget that we are alive. That is a horrible thing to forget. It is such a special gift, yet we take it for granted all of the time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?