<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 11, 2008




I have recently taken notice to this trend of mixing sport fighting with Jesus. I know two guys who are devote Christians and they participate in Mixed Martial Arts fighting. I found it kind of weird and odd, but hey, what ever. Recently I discovered that this trend is actually pretty big. I saw a T-shirt last week that said "Jesus Never Tapped Out" For those who dont already know, tapping out is the way you surrender in a fight. Tapout is also a clothing brand for Mix Martial Arts. To top it all off, today as I was walking through Exeter, I came across this Karate Studio with the Cross posted on it sign.

I am not suggesting that Mixed Martial Arts is a sin, I just find it very odd and weird when people merge the sport with Jesus. Maybe thats because I then try to picture Jesus in my mind as some bad ass karate expert who will knock you on your ass with a round house kick to the head.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?