<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 20, 2008

This Monday sucks more than normal.

I hate waking up tired and I hate waking up tired on a Monday mornings even more because it sets a bad precedence for the remainder of the week. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. I tried reading in bed for a while; at about 11:30pm I thought I was good and ready to fall asleep. Though my eyes and body were tired, I couldn’t shut my mind off. I laid in bed for almost 20 minutes before I finally fell asleep. Just as I was approaching a comfortable sleep, I was awakened by my wife, who was fighting with the covers. Frustrated, I rolled over, pounded my pillow and attempted to again fall asleep. Sure enough, just like 30 minutes earlier, I was once again awakened as I reached REM, this time by Jacob who was crying from his crib. After I went to rescue the little guy and deliver him to Audrey, I surprisingly fell asleep quickly, not having the difficulty I had earlier. Unfortunately, my sleep was interrupted by a tapping on my arm. When my eyes opened and focused, I saw Gracie standing at my side of the bed with a smile, wanting to join the rest of the family in the bed. When I told her to get back in her own bed, she began to cry. So I gave in and lifted her up to our bed and for the fourth time in two and half hours, I tired to fall asleep. Of course the sleep arrangements did not work out, so after losing my attempt to kick Gracie out of bed, I went to go and try and find some tranquil sleep in her bed, which I found more uncomfortable than I had remembered. Nonetheless, I slept there the remainder of the night.

On top of it being a Monday morning, I woke up more tired that usual. To make things worse, while in the shower, I got soap in my eyes for the first time in 20 year or so. That’s understandable, since I was washing my face with soap. It was the toothpaste in the eye that I can’t figure out how it happen. Toothpaste in the eye is just as bad as soap, but with a cool, peppermint sensation on the eyeball.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?