<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 02, 2008

I heard someone qualify the other night at an A.A. meeting. It was his nineteenth sobriety birthday and he shared a little bit about his past. He said 20 years ago, he was a homeless drunk. He was sleeping in a shack in Woodlake behind the Nazarene Church. He said the pastor of the church allowed him to live in the shack and gave him money every morning for odd jobs around the church, which he later used buy his alcohol. He also said the pastor also made sure he always had something to eat in the evening. I started thinking about the Pastors actions. Most of us, including me wouldn't do such a thing, because that would be enabling the sinful behavior, right? But what would Jesus do? ( I really don't like the WWJD cliche, but I fits.) I honestly don't know what Jesus would do, but his story reminded me of something that I had forgotten about. Its not our job as Christians to change people, thats the Holy Spirit's job. Our job is to love people, which was what the pastor had done, and subsequently, the Holy Spirit did change the person, from drunk, homeless, and hopeless, to a sober, christ loving, business owner who is grateful for a new start at life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?