<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I was driving home this evening and as I was listening to the radio, it was announced that Barack Obama was the projected winner of the Presidential Election. All of sudden a wave of emotions and feelings fell over me. At first, I felt sad and disappointed that John McCain didn't win. I truly believed that if anyone deserved to be President, based on merit, sacrifice, and accomplishments, it was McCain. I was surprised I felt this way, because though I supported and voted for John McCain, I felt I would be OK and satisfied if Barack Obama won. Then, as I continued to listen to the radio, I heard the cheers of thousands of Obama supporters and my disappointment subsided. I began to feel a little bit of excitement and hope (yea, I know "hope" is his catch phrase). I even got a little weepy that such a historic even has taken place in my life time.

I hope that President Obama can instill a sense of pride and unity this Country has been missing for a long time. I hope that he can steer this country back to prosperity and that he becomes the great president that so many people say he will.

I am glad I got home in time to watch and listen to Senator McCain's secession speech. It was elegant, graceful, humbling and first class.

I am also glad I got to watch President Elect Obama's speech. I am grateful and humbled that I got to witness history tonight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?