<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

One of the magical and mysterious things about music is how a song can capture and keep a moment, feeling and time. I love listening to music that brings back feelings and memories, good and bad. The good memories because they warm my heart of people and places that I miss and the bad because I am reminded that I survived, grew and over came. This morning as I was driving to work on this gray, overcast, damp and cold morning, the Frank Black song, Ramona came on. I haven’t really listened to that song in years. Midway through the song I found myself lost in nostalgic thoughts of being at the coast, on a warm, sunny, June day; driving from Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara with Jason and some other close friends. The song took me back 13 years, when none of us really had any responsibilities or cares in the world. It was a happy time. For just a moment during the song, I felt as if I was reliving that drive again and it felt good.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?