<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 02, 2009

As I was leaving for work this morning, I heard a crow crowing from the street lamppost. The crow caught my attention because it had been a long time since I have heard a crow. I stopped in the middle of my lawn and looked up at the bird and listen to it crow three more times before it flew away. The first thing that came to my mind was the story of Peter denying Christ three times before the roster crowed twice. It was at that moment, though it wasn’t a roster, but instead a black crow, I realized though my day was just starting at 7:37 in the morning, I myself had already denied Christ. As I was driving to work and reflecting upon my realization, I concluded that I do this regularly. I then felt guilt and shame. Then, something spoke to me. I was reminded that I wasn’t a complete failure and that the day was far from over. God allows do-overs at any point of day. To continue in guilt and shame would only prevent me from living in His grace and seeking His will throughout the rest of the day. Guilt is a great deterrent from having a relationship with God.

I find myself needing a couple of do-overs before the days end. I am thankful for His grace and patience with me, as I am a very slow learner. Somebody just asked me what my new years resolution is. I didn’t have one at that moment, but now as I write this, I think I want to work on waking up with God on my mind, spending my first few waking moments in prayer.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?