<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 10, 2009





When Gracie was a newborn, I use to take her on walks along the ditch by our house. There are giant oak trees along the path and for years I have been wanting to hang a swing from one of the trees. I even blogged about it back on July 8, 2004, if you care to look it up. Anyhow, while on a walk today with Gracie and her two little buddies, Gavin and Quinten, I came across that old tree. It had been a long time since I had seen my old friend. I decided today was a good day to follow through on the promise of old and hang that swing. There was a tire down in the ditch which was in fair shape, making for a great tire swing. So after a quick run to Surplus City for some rope, I made the swing, which attracted quite the neighborhood crowd. By the time the swing was hung, there were six children and two other adults. All of the kids took turns on the swing. As I was watching the kids swing on the tire, some rational, adult thinking came to mind, which is always a kill joy for kids. I figured, leaving the swing up might result in some other child getting hurt, making me responsible and liable for a law suit. So in the end, the swing came down, but it was nice to be in the sun light for a good portion of the afternoon, especially since the sun hasn't been out in almost a week.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?