<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 03, 2009

Letter to my A.A. Friends.

Well Friends, it’s been 361 days since my last drink. I have so many emotions stirring in me as approach my first AA birthday. First of all, I am excited and extremely proud. I am also at the same time, humbled and blessed knowing that first of all, the obsession to drink was removed by God (may I forever remain thankful) and that through this program, which I feel is divinely inspired, I have been freely given the tools, support, love, and encouragement, from all of you, to fight the good fight and remain sober. And lastly, I am flabbergasted that I am about to embark on a year without alcohol. I never thought this would be possible.

I have grown so much of the course of the last year. In so many ways have learned to live all over again. I have learned to feel pain and to endure and work through it. I am learning to speak from my heart and actually communicate with people, especially my wife; I am learning coping techniques; I am rediscovering a whole new level of trust in God, and I have to come to respect and love myself again, something I lost many years ago.

I want to thank all of you for your friendship, support, stories, and most important of all, the example each of you have displayed. Each one of you, along with several others, has made an impact on me. I could have never stayed on this journey, let alone start it, if it was not for the open arms of this community and the examples each one of you has displayed. Thank you for not drinking; your strength in the matter has made me strong. There is Great Strength in numbers! I wish there was a way for me to show you all how truly thankful and grateful I am for you. You are all dear to my heart and I have the outmost respect for you all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?